Enterprise Mobility Management Services-An Enhanced Business Data Management Tool
The only constant in this world is changing, which holds true for even the most widely practiced methods of doing business. Round the world, business ecosystems are undergoing a rapid technology upgradation, in terms of “Mobility Management”. The name of the game is now connectivity, better connectivity leads to better business visibility and customer satisfaction. It is very important to assimilate information in a streamlined manner so that even the most remote business touchpoints can be accounted for. Usage of mobile-based technology leads to a better synergy between departments and along every business verticals. In today’s organizations, the flow of information has to be spontaneous and real time. Any delay in the feed of information flow can lead to devastating results, in terms of failure in business processes. This is where, enterprise mobility management is crucial, with its revolutionized techniques in business analytics and communication.
Need for mobility management as the preferred medium of accessing business data
Organizations should possess a technology platform, which can quickly align itself with the end user demands. Since the demand patterns are constantly changing, it is necessary to upgrade one’s product and services accordingly. Organizations should have the agility in-terms of new technology absorption. Basically, enterprise mobility is the method of using mobile-based gadgets like personal laptops, tablets, and cell phones for business purpose. This provides an enormous amount of flexibility to the organization and employee, in terms of work-life balance. However, business houses must choose a technology partner, who would be able to mitigate the risk, associated with using the mobile based devices. They must adopt the best implementation methodologies, which would avoid cost overruns and delay. According to various researches, the yearly worldwide sale of smartphones and tablets are over 1.5 billion units on an average. This huge deluge of the smartphone along with its applications can be messy to manage by organizations unless, and managed by a professional technology partner.
Some commonly faced challenges by organizations
- Mobilize business applications, according to organizational IT policies
- The multiplicity of the various mobile platform to work with
- Application provisioning in terms of governance
- Assigning rights to users
- Possession of proper implementation roadmap
Smart mobility solutions for enterprises.
The solution to the above challenges lies in the effective implementation of Enterprise Mobility Management Services as a whole. It is essential to manage devices, applications, and its content effectively, to get optimum results. However, a good technology partner must keep in mind that each and every enterprise is different from the other, so the solutions prescribed must also be organizational specific. For this, a detailed system requirement study is essential, which would capture even the most minute process details so that the most appropriate remedial measures can be given. Enterprise mobility management comes in mainly four flavors like.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM)– It is about establishing control over the mobile device in a structured and secure manner. It encompasses the latest techniques in device configuration and security management. For the device management to take shape, a sound policy framework needs to be established. Some other aspects which need attention are enterprise network integration with the device, along with blacklisting or whitelisting of applications. It basically is meant for monitoring the device performance in line with organizational IT policies.
- BYOD policy (Bring your own device)—This is the policy under enterprise mobility management, by virtue of which employees are allowed to use their personal devices for official use. This helps the organization cut cost of IT hardware support and maintenance. It uses a container approach in the sense, that all the organizational business apps are stored and run, secluded from personal applications of the gadget. BYOD policy can only be enacted, if the business house acquires the capability of apps building on multiple operating system platforms.
- Mobile Content Management (MCM)—This is like a bank deposit box, where organizations can safely deposit their classified data. For this function to work, clear demarcation of user rights and authentication is required. Data security at rest or over the air should be the prime area of work, along with data modification controls and content sync management.
- Mobile Application Management (MAM)- This is an amalgamation of MDM & BYOD, which manages the lifecycle of the entire device. MAM solutions can rightly deliver a package which can manage, analyze, and control needs. This creates better integrity amongst the application data and its security.