Experience India Through Its Trains
Indian Railway manages the fourth largest railway network in the world in terms Experience India of size and is recorded to run over 13,000 passengers every day, on both suburban and long-distance routes, from 7349 stations across the nation. The vastness of India – its magnificent mountains, scenic valleys, captivating rivers and diverse culture – can be best experienced on a train journey. Here is a list of 5 trains with longest rail routes in India that span the length and breadth of the country. Though most of these are not remarkable in terms of comfort and regularity, the extent to which they travel is surely noteworthy. In order to save yourself from any trouble due to train’s delay, you must remain updated with NTES train running status or Indian Railways live running status.
- Vivek Express: The Dibrugarh-Kanyakumari Vivek Express crosses India from the north-eastern state of Assam to the southernmost town of Kanyakumari. The 85-hour-long journey, covering a distance of 4273 km, takes passengers through seven states and traverses across enchanting landscapes. Named after Swami Vivekananda, this weekly train was introduced to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of the philosopher. Halting at almost 55 stops, the train is the ninth longest route in the world. For passengers boarding midway, it is advisable to check live train running status through NTES railway running status as these train are delayed owing to their long route.
- Thiruvananthapuram – Silchar Superfast Express: With a running time of approximately 75 hours and covering a distance of 3932km, Thiruvananthapuram – Silchar Superfast Express is the second longest route. Previously this weekly train used to operate till Guwahati, but since November 2017, the train has been extended till Silchar. Commencing from Kerala, the train passes through the states of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Jharkhand, Bihar and West Bengal to reach Assam. This train holds the record of being the most delayed train and hence if you plan to travel with it, better go for train running the information through the official website of Indian Railways. You may also check the ixigo train app for live train status.
- Himsagar Express: Plying weekly, this train runs between Tamil Nadu’s Kanyakumari and Katra in Jammu and Kashmir. Crossing 12 states of India, Himsagar Express covers a distance of 3709km and ensures its passengers an ecstatic visual treat. Scheduled to stop at 67 stations, the average running time of the train is approximately 71 hours. IRCTC train running status will help you to check train status. The train is a favorite among passengers from the southern part of India who wants to visit the shrine at Vaishno Devi in J&K.
- Ten Jammu Express: The Ten Jammu Express operates between Tirunelveli in Tamil Nadu to Jammu Tawi. It reaches the final destination by traveling a distance of 3631 km. It takes almost 70 hours to complete its journey and has a scheduled stop at 62 stations. From the palm-fringed plains of southern India to the picturesque valleys and enchanting mountains of the north – travelers will remain glued to the beauty of nature throughout the journey. Ten Jammu Express runs weekly and traverses through 11 states on its way. If you plan to travel in Ten Jammu Express do keep a check on the Live NTES train running status to be aware of train delays if any.
- Navyug Express: This weekly express train runs between Jammu Tawi and Mangalore Central. The total distance covered by the train is 3607km in around 68 hours. The Navyug Express was an initiative of the Indian Railways to improve Jammu and Kashmir’s connectivity with the other parts of the nation. Crossing 15 states en route, this weekly train has a scheduled stop at 58 stations like Calicut, Coimbatore, Vijayawada, Bhopal, Jhansi, Gwalior and New Delhi among others. NTES running status will give you a detailed information about all the stops and exact timing of each.
Train journeys in India leave its passengers with several memories to soak in and if it’s in one of these longest routes, the memories are sure to be countless.