Experience Jogi Mahal In Sawai Madhopur Through Palace On Wheels
Sawai Madhopur of Rajasthan has tourist attraction to draw a huge number of tourist to this place. Grand Ranthambore Fort, amazing Ranthambore national park, unique Khandar fort, beautiful SurwalLake and many more tourist spots has made this land very famous among the travelers around the world. Another masterpiece of this legendary land is Jogi Mahal. Situated 500 meters away from the huge Ranathambore Fort, Jogi Mahal is renowned for its location, architecture and stunning views. The Padam Talab, a beautiful lake is placed in front of this mahal which makes it more attractive. Royal families of Jaipur built this palace as their hunting lodge which later on turns into a guest house for the visitors of Ranthambore Park. But after the protest from the environmentalists, this facility has been stopped.
- The large and magnificent PadamTalao is named after the lotus flowers that bloom in the lake.
- Every day wild animals like Tigers, Leopard, Deer, Monkeys, and Peacock of Ranthambore sanctuary visit this waterside which makes this location a perfect place to spot them.
- PadamTalao is the largest lake among the lakes located in the park. Other noticeable lakes are MilakTalao and Raj BaghTalao.
- India’s second largest banyan tree can be seen here. Located beside the rest house this tree is another famous tourist attraction of this place.
- Different spices of birds and langurs reside in this tree.
- The rest house amidst the forest, Padam Talab and the wild forest itself provide some of the excellent views. Carry your camera to capture those views.
- Travelers can visit this place between 6 am to 5 pm.
- There are no entry fees for Jogi Mahal.
- Foods and other facilities are not available here, so bring your necessary items.
Best Time to Visit
Pre and post-winter season is the best time to explore this stunning location. During the months of October to March, the weather is comfortable and the tourist can easily roam around. It is better to avoid this part in summer as the water of PadmaTalao dries up.
Palace on Wheels
World famous Palace on Wheels train was launched by the Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation and the Indian Railways with a motive to promote Rajasthan Tourism. Winner of PATA Gold Award from the Pacific Asia Travel Association, Palace on Wheels has 39 Deluxe and 2 Super Deluxe cabins all which have been decorated by the Delhi based interior designer Monica Khanna. These cabins are named after the famous palace of the state like Chandra Mahal, Hawa Mahal, Moti Mahal, Kishori Mahal, Jogi Mahal etc. All the modern facilities like attached bathroom, WI-FI, climate controller, DVD player, two retro bar lounge are there to give you a world-class experience.
This train runs from September to April with 7 nights and 8 days long trip. On the 3rd day of its tour, the train will reach to Sawai Madhopur. From their visitors can enjoy the different locations of the same.
New Delhi-Jaipur-Ranthambore-Chittorgarh-Udaipur-Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Bharatpur-Agra-New Delhi.