Shorshe Rui (Rohu fish in mustard gravy)
Many of us Love eating Non-Veg but don’t like cooking new things and one reason why most of us hesitate to cook something new in our kitchen is – not being able to find proper ingredients or lack of quick availability of the ingredients in our local grocery den. To help you cook something new, we have tried to bring you a recipe among the best nonveg recipes that India has to offer and can be prepared with easily available ingredients. Have a look at Shorshe Rui a Rohu Fish in Mustard Gravy which you can prepare at home and enjoy with your friends and family. Bengali Fish curry with mustard seed paste is the most famous fish dish amongst all fish preparation. Spicy ‘Jhaal’ made with golden colored mustard seed gravy is a pure bliss with a plate full of steamed rice. This is a very basic recipe of any fish curry with mustard seed paste. Here goes the recipe
- 6 Rui Fish or Rohu Fish – pieces
- 2 Tbsps Mustard Seed Paste
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¼ tsp Red Chillie Powder
- ½ tsp Nigella Seeds or Kalo Jeera
- 4 Green Chillie
- ¼ cup Mustard Oil
- To taste Salt
How to make Shorshe Rui
- Wash the fish and marinate with ½ tsp of salt and a ¼ tsp of turmeric powder. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Soak mustard seed in little water for 15-20 minutes. Grind mustard seeds and 2 green chilies into a paste.
- Heat mustard oil in a frying pan. Fry the fish until lightly brown on both sides. Remove from oil and keep aside.
- Add nigella seeds in the remaining oil, stir-fry for few seconds.
- Add mustard seeds paste and ½ cup of water.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt.
- Add the fried fish (add more water if required) and 2 slit green chilies and cook on medium flame until the sauce become thick.
- Delicious Shorshe Rui is ready. Serve it with steamed Rice.
Similarly there any other Non-Veg recipes available which you can try at home like Egg Keema at Whizfeed.